It’s almost Halloween!
All ideas and DIY crafts were our own, however this post is sponsored by Amazon Prime
Today we decided to do something fun and make our own Amazon Prime Boxtumes! Growing up my mom always made our costumes. Hers were elaborately sewn costumes that took months to construct… But I was not gifted with the ability to sew or ability to plan that far ahead 🤣. BUT I am Amazon Prime member, which means I usually have boxes around, and lots of art supplies!
Marlow came up with idea for a Rainbow! And Maddox decided he wanted to be a storm. So, we made lightning bolt for him and tiny cloud for Maclan. These costumes were a blast to make, super easy to put together, and included things I found around the house.
- Amazon Smile Boxes
- Brushes (sponge)
- White Spray paint (quick drying)
- Plain solid colored t-shirts for under box cutout
- Draw outline of rainbow, lightning bolt, and cloud on boxes.
- Cut out designs
- (Optional) Spray paint all cardboard pieces white (makes colors more vibrant)
- Paint (we used the kids paint we always have around the house for art projects Linked here)
- Attach strings to the top of the rainbow to make a strap to hang around neck.
- Tape lightning bolt and cloud to t-shirt
- Go collect some candy!
Now go collect some candy!